July 15, 2019 - 11:30am
Health and Human Services Commission, Brown-Heatly Building, Public Hearing Room
4900 North Lamar Blvd.
Austin Texas, 78751
This meeting will be webcast. To access the webcast, go to https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings the day and time of the meeting.
- Welcome and introductions
- Review and approve minutes from April 15, 2019, meeting
- Legislative Report Ad Hoc Committee members - review and approve minutes from June 22, 2018, and August 17, 2018, meetings.
- Committee business
- Education and Awareness and Services and Supports Committee
- Legislative and Policy Committee
- Committee overview and membership
- Vote for Texas Brain Injury Advisory Council Vice-Chair position
- Review topics for the 2019 Executive Commissioner report
- How We Walk with the Brain Injury Community – Dr. Deana Adams, Director, Hope After Brain Injury
- Impact of the 86th Legislature on Disability in Texas – Dennis Borel, Executive Director, Coalition for Texans with Disabilities
- Office of Acquired Brain Injury (OABI) program announcements
- Overview of 86th Legislative Session
- OABI response to Council recommendations, proposed legislation, and request to apply for Administration for Community Living grant
- Status of the Veterans Recovery Pilot Program
- Status of filling Texas Brain Injury Advisory Council (TBIAC) positions
- Update on Comprehensive Rehabilitation Services
- Overview of 2nd Annual Texas Brain Injury Conference
- Announcement of next meeting date – October 21, 2019
- Public comment
The Council may take action on any agenda item.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Carrie Bradford, Program Manager, Health and Human Services Commission, 512-206-5209, or Carrie.Bradford02@hhsc.state.tx.us.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Bradford at 512-206-5209 or Carrie.Bradford02@hhsc.state.tx.us at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.