July 26, 2019 - 10:00am
Department of State Health Services
1100 West 49th Street, Robert D. Moreton Building, Board Room M-100
Please check in with Security - someone will escort you to the Conference Room.
Members of the public may attend the meeting in person at the address above or access a live stream of the meeting at:
https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings. Select the tab for Moreton M-100 Live.
- Welcome and introductions - Merida Escobar, Presiding Officer
- Approval of minutes (May 17, 2019)* - Stephanie Gutierrez, HHSC, Advisory Committee Coordination Office
- Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Section Update - Brett Spencer, Manager, Community Health and Wellness Branch
- CHWs in Managed Care Organizations (MCOs) - Sonia Boyd and Andrea Cruce, DSHS-certified CHW, Superior Health Plan
- CHW Advisory Committee Subcommittee Chairs - Merida Escobar, Presiding Officer
- Review and recommend to DSHS applications for certification and training institutions:
-University of Houston Honors College CHW Program - provide continuing education for CHW Instructors*
-University of North Texas Health Science Center - provide continuing education for CHWs and CHW Instructors* - Merida Escobar, Presiding Officer
- Advisory Committee Sub-Committee Updates - Sub-Committee Leads
- Program Update:
Monica Maldonado, DSHS Promotor(a)/CHW Training and Certification Program
Beatrice Smith, DSHS Promotor(a)/CHW Training and Certification Program
- Committee Member Sharing - Merida Escobar, Presiding Officer
- Public Comment - Stephanie Gutierrez, HHSC, Advisory Committee Coordination Office
- Agenda items for next meeting
2020 Meeting Dates - Merida Escobar, Presiding Officer
- Adjourn - Merida Escobar, Presiding Officer
Program contact: Beatrice Smith, Department of State Health Services, 1100 West 49th Street, Austin Texas 78756
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
Any person with a disability planning to attend this meeting and requiring any auxiliary aid or service is asked to contact Anne Mosher, Department of State Health Services, 512-776-2780 or Anne.Mosher@dshs.texas.gov, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting to make appropriate arrangements.