August 8, 2019 - 1:30pm
Health and Human Services Commission, Brown-Heatly Building, Public Hearing Room
4900 North Lamar Blvd.
Austin Texas, 78751
This meeting will be webcast. To access the webcast, go to https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings the day and time of the meeting.
- Opening comments
- Approval of May 6, 2019, meeting minutes (Vote required)
Delivery System Reform Incentive Payment (DSRIP) Program Demonstration Years (DY) 9-10
Texas Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) proposes to amend Texas Administrative Code Title 1, Part 15, §354.1707, relating to Performer Valuations, and propose new §§354.1729, concerning Definitions; 354.1731, concerning Medicaid and Low-income or Uninsured Patient Population by Provider; 354.1733, concerning Regional Healthcare Partnerships (RHPs); 354.1735, concerning Participants; 354.1737, concerning RHP Plan Update for DY9-10; 354.1739, concerning RHP Plan Update Review; 354.1741, concerning RHP Plan Update Modifications; 354.1743, concerning Independent Assessor; 354.1745, concerning Categories; 354.1747, concerning Performer Valuations; 354.1749, concerning Category A Requirements for Performers; 354.1751, concerning Category B Requirements for Performers; 354.1753, concerning Category C Requirements for Performers; 354.1755, concerning Category D Requirements for Performers; 354.1757, concerning Disbursement of Funds; 355.8216, concerning Delivery System Reform Incentive Payments for Demonstration Years 9-10; and 355.8218, concerning Funding for DSRIP Monitoring Program for Demonstration Years 9-10.
- Andy Vasquez, Director, Quality and Program Improvement
Local Provider Participation Fund Reporting
HHSC proposes amendments to Texas Administrative Code Title 1, Part 15, Chapter 355, Subchapter J, Division 4, Section 355.8068. The purpose of the proposed rule is to require mandatory payments to Local Provider Participation Funds be reported to HHSC, no later than ten calendar days after the end of the federal fiscal quarter. The proposal is necessary to comply with House Bill 4289, 86th Legislature, Regular Session, 2019 and Title 42 of the Code of Federal Regulations, §433.74.
- Charles Greenberg, Director of Hospital Finance and Waiver Programs
UPDATE ITEMS REQUESTED BY CHAIR
- Update on the progress of DSRIP transition planning
- Texas Children’s Hospital uncompensated care (UC) withheld funds/upper payment limit obligation update
- DY9 UC pool size and any other updates for DY9
- Clarification on the changes to the children/rural hospital inpatient standard dollar amount (IP SDA) rate effective 9/1/2019 and any
- Implication on Uniform Hospital Rate Increase Program (UHRIP)
- Clarification on the rural IP SDA add-on for labor and delivery services effective 9/1/2019
- UHRIP updates:
- Program Year (PGY) 3 funding levels
- Discussion of structural changes for PGY4 (UHRIP 2.0)
- Medicaid funding issues related to Texas hospitals
- Public comment
- Proposed next meeting: October 31, 2019, at 1:30 p.m.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Camille Weizenbaum, Advisory Committee Coordinator, Medicaid and CHIP Services Department, 512-487-3446, Camille.Weizenbaum@hhsc.state.tx.us.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Weizenbaum at 512-487-3446 or Camille.Weizenbaum@hhsc.state.tx.us at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.