August 23, 2018 - 10:00am
Health and Human Services Commission, Brown-Heatly Building, Public Hearing Room
4900 North Lamar Blvd.
Austin Texas, 78751
The Council meeting can be viewed live and on demand via streaming Internet. The meeting will be closed captioned. The link to view the council meeting is http://texashhsc.swagit.com/live/.
- Welcome and opening remarks
- Hurricane season preparedness
- Arbovirus transmission prevention
- Health and Human Services Commission (HHSC) Legislative Appropriations Request*
- Proposed rules*
- The Department of State Health Services (DSHS) proposes amendments to rules in Texas Administrative Code (TAC), Title 25, Part 1, Chapter 421, Health Care Information, Subchapters A, C, D, and E, §§421.1 - 421.4, 421.6 - 421.9, 421.41 - 421.47, 421.61 - 421.65, 421.67, 421.68, 421.71, 421.73 - 421.76, and 421.78, concerning Collection and Release of Hospital Discharge Data; Rules Relating to Reports, Data Requests and Data Fees; Collection and Release of Outpatient Surgical and Radiological Procedures at Hospitals and Ambulatory Surgical Centers; and Collection and Release of Hospital Outpatient Emergency Room Data
- DSHS proposes amendments to rules, a new rule, and repeal of rules in TAC, Title 25, Part 1, Chapter 417, Subchapter G, §§417.301 - 417.306, and 417.308, concerning DSHS Volunteer and Community Engagement
- HHSC proposes the repeal of rules in TAC, Title 40, Part 1, Chapter 61, §§61.101 - 61.107, and proposes new rules in Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 901, §§901.1 - 901.4, concerning Volunteer and Community Engagement at the State Operated Facilities
- HHSC proposes amendments to rules in TAC, Title 1, Part 15, Chapter 351, Subchapter B, Division 1, Advisory Committees, §§351.805, 351.821, 351.823, 351.833, 351.837, concerning State Medicaid Managed Care Advisory Committee, Value-Based Payment and Quality Improvement Advisory Committee, e-Health Advisory Committee, STAR Kids Managed Care Committee, and Texas Autism Council
- HHSC proposes new rules in TAC, Title 1, Part 15, Chapter 354, Subchapter N, concerning Peer Specialist Services (PDF)
- HHSC proposes amendments to a rule in TAC, Title 1, Part 15, Chapter 355, Subchapter J, Division 5, Reimbursement Methodology for Physicians and Other Practitioners, §355.8085, concerning Establishment of Peer Support Specialists and State Supported Living Centers as eligible Medicaid Providers
- HHSC proposes amendments to a rule in TAC, Title 1, Part 15, Chapter 355, Subchapter B, §355.201, concerning Establishment and Adjustment of Reimbursement Rates by the Health and Human Services Commission
- HHSC proposes amendments to rules, new rules, and repeal of rules in TAC, Title 26, Part 1, Chapter 743, Minimum Standards for Shelter Care, and Title 40, Part 19, Chapter 745, Licensing, concerning Background Checks
- HHSC proposes amendments to a rule in TAC, Title 1, Part 15, Chapter 371, Subchapter C, Utilization Review, §371.214, concerning the Criteria and Frequency of On-Site Nursing Facility Utilization Reviews
- HHSC proposes new rules and repeal of rules in TAC, Title 40, Part 1, Chapters 94, 95, and 99, and adopts new rules in TAC, Title 26, Part 1, Chapters 556, 557, and 560, concerning Nurse Aides, Medication Aides--Program Requirements, and Denial or Refusal of License
- Information Rules*
DSHS adopts new rules in TAC, Title 25, Part 1, Chapter 1, Subchapter V, Autologous Adult Stem Cells, §1.461 and §1.462, concerning Investigational Adult Stem Cell Treatments
*Public comment will be taken on these agenda items.
The HHSC Executive Council will only review items listed on the agenda.
Contact: Questions regarding agenda items, content, or meeting arrangements should be directed to Beth Rider, Health and Human Services Commission Executive Council Liaison 512-706-7299, email@example.com.
This meeting is open to the public. No reservations are required, and there is no cost to attend this meeting.
People with disabilities who wish to attend the meeting and require auxiliary aids or services should contact Rider, Health and Human Services Commission Executive Council Liaison, at 512-706-7299 at least 72 hours before the meeting so appropriate arrangements can be made.