January 31, 2019 - 10:00am
Department of State Health Services – DSHS Central Office
1100 West 49th Street
Austin Texas, 78756 – Conference Room M-100
Please check in with Security – someone will escort you to the Conference Room.
Members of the public may attend the meeting in person at the address above or access a live stream of the meeting at: https://hhs.texas.gov/about-hhs/communications-events/live-archived-meetings. Select the tab for Moreton M-100 Live.
Program contact: Adriana Flores - 1100 W. 49th Street, Austin TX 78756
- Welcome and introductions, Kim Bush, Presiding Officer
- Approval of minutes (November 16, 2018)*, Stephanie Gutierrez, HHSC, Advisory Committee Coordination Office
- Health Promotion and Chronic Disease Prevention Section Update, Brett Spencer, Manager, Community Health and Wellness Branch
- 1815 and 1817 Grants to Engage Community Health Workers, Chronic Disease Branch Staff
- Advisory Committee Sub-Committee Updates, Sub-Committee Leads
- Review 2018 and proposed 2019 Committee activities for annual report*, Kim Bush, Presiding Officer
- Review and recommend to DSHS applications for certification of training institutions: University of Houston Honors College*, Kim Bush, Presiding Officer
- CHW Advisory Committee Officer Elections*, Stephanie Gutierrez, HHSC, Advisory Committee Coordination Office
- Program Update, Monica Maldonado, DSHS Promotor(a)/CHW Training and Certification Program; Adriana Flores, DSHS Promotor(a)/CHW Training and Certification Program
- Committee Member Sharing, Kim Bush, Presiding Officer
- Public Comments, Stephanie Gutierrez, HHSC, Advisory Committee Coordination Office
- Agenda items for next meeting, Kim Bush, Presiding Officer
- Adjourn, Kim Bush, Presiding Officer
Any person with a disability planning to attend this meeting and requiring any auxiliary aid or service is asked to call Anne Mosher, Center for Consumer and External Affairs, Department of State Health Services, (512) 776-2780, at least 72 hours prior to the meeting to make appropriate arrangements.